Advertiser: Harvey Water
Job Listing Date
14 May 2019
Bunbury & South West
About Harvey Water
Located about 160kms south of Perth in a prime agricultural and horticultural district, Harvey Water is a self-funded cooperative supplying non-potable, fit for purpose water to its member irrigators, rural water and industrial customers.
As a result of business growth, Harvey Water is creating a Leading Hand role to respond to a range of projects. You will have a trade background with experience in the construction and maintenance of HDPE pipelines and other water infrastructure.
Responsible for leading small teams to carry out construction and maintenance activities on the irrigation system in a safe, cost effective and timely manner this person will be required to alternate between being hands-on and supervising depending on the work load.
As part of the Operations Team the Leading Hand will work closely with and report to the Works Manager. The role will support Harvey Water’s operations through:
· Ensuring all maintenance and construction tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard, to instruction and within safety, time and budget parameters;
· Ensuring the Harvey Water OHS management system is applied;
· Complete job (FAM) sheets as required to identify, prioritise and distribute tasks;
· Liaise with Stakeholders with regards to land access, interfaces of scope delivery;
· Planning scopes of work;
· Supervision of small Teams and Subcontractors;
· Ensuring sites maintain a high standard of house keeping;
· Other tasks as directed by the Works Manager.
Skills and abilities
· Must have current MR license;
· Proven experience in HDPE welding;
· Current white card;
· A positive attitude to safety;
· Able to work autonomously and/or in a team environment;
· Leadership and supervisory skills;
· Basic computer and data entry skills;
· General mechanical aptitude and problem solving capability;
· Good communication skills;
· Time management skills;
· Good customer service skills;
· Experience in water services is advantageous.
The position is based at Harvey Water’s offices on the outskirts of the township of Harvey. Harvey is a highly desirable lifestyle location, just two hours south of Perth on the inland (South Western) highway in the Bunbury Geographe region. Forests, dams, walk and bike trails, wineries, cafes, beaches, the coastal urban centre of Australind and the City of Bunbury are all within a maximum 45 minute drive from Harvey.
Term of Employment
The position is offered on a permanent basis, following an initial six month probationary period and dependant on satisfactory annual performance reviews. Management KPIs and performance-based targets will be the basis of the annual performance review.
An appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated with the Candidate; plus 14.5% superannuation and participation in the Harvey Water performance incentive program.
Applications for this post are to be received by 7th June 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates preferably living within a 50km radius of Harvey.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Formal offer of employment is subject to standard pre-employment checks including medical and other background checks
Please forward a CV along with a covering letter too: email@example.com.
Click below for position description on Seek;